Friday, June 18, 2010

Show Us your Life-Proposals

I'm again joining Kelly at Kelly's Korner for Show Us Your Life. This Friday its Proposals, how fun! Our story goes a little something like this....

I think from the time Gary and I started dating I knew that he was the one. There is just something different when you know, it just feels different you know?
Well we had been dating for 7 months when he popped the question. I knew it was coming because my dad who I think was in a state of shock called me and told me that Gary had come and asked to marry me. My response... Daddy I dont think your supposed to be telling me this! haha
So I definitely knew it was coming at some point. Although when asked I was told that he wanted to wait a while longer and that it wouldn't be until Spring and he didn't even have a ring yet. He was trying his hardest to keep it a suprise....bless his heart my dad kind of blew his cover. Well little did I know he was having the ring designed and hand picking the diamonds himself, making sure it was just perfect! I love knowing that he designed this ring just for me. :) As soon as it came in he proposed! He said he just could not wait to give it to me. It was a Thursday night and I was in gym clothes coming home with take out. We were house sitting for my mom and step-dad. well I opened the front door and there he was on one knee! I was so shocked I slammed the door in his face! He asked if I was going to come inside and I just said yes, but give me a second. ha ha It completely threw me for a loop!
I opened the door and he said the sweetest things to me and asked me to be his wife. I of course said yes! We spent the weekend going out with friends and celebrating, showing my ring and telling the story to anyone who would listen! It really is a magical time.


This is from our Engagement Pictures :)


and this one is my favorite from our wedding day... I wanted the perfect southern wedding, and thats exactly what I got :)

No comments:

Post a Comment