*he is all about balls and sports right now, he watches baseball, basketball, and football with daddy a lot :)
*he pronounces things so cute these days. for instance Baseball:Bay ball, basketball:bass-ket ball, football:foooootball
*for some reason when he is watching baseball he screams no softball! I have no clue where he has gotten this softball obsession from?? it has his daddy a little worried! ha!
*he is going through quite the defiant stage right now. it has me a little on edge and exhausted by days end. I feel like I spend my days saying no, sending him to his room and unfortunately the spoon makes an appearance quite often. sigh. I've vented to other more experienced mommy friends, my parents and so on and everyone is so sweet and supportive and full of great advice on how to deal with his little outburst. I want nothing more than to have a child that is respectful, polite, and knows right from wrong. easier said than done right?? I feel so much responsibility sometimes with raising a boy. I want him to grow into a strong, faithful, and loving man. I want the world for him and I want to look back in 30 years and know that we did something right. I know that I pushed the line sometimes in my younger years but I always had a healthy fear of my parents, which I think stopped me from doing a lot of stupid things. My dad always told me "remember where you come from and remember you have a last name" I want D to always remember that too. I'm praying that our discipline and love will instil that in him.
*his is officially obsessed with his first Disney movie, The Lion King! He ask for it all day long. "I wat Lion kenn??" This morning he was watching it and he grabbed his "revolver" and shot the giraffe, ha! he looked at me and said "I shoot it mama!" I laughed so hard. he is definitely all boy and a boy after his daddy's heart. SN: G doesn't shoot giraffes ;)
* he still sleeps in his crib and will until he ask to have a big boy bed ;) This child did not sleep through the night not one time until he was 13 mths so now that he finally is sleeping I'm not messing with a good thing.
*He is doing so well at school and is loving his teachers so much. We actually have the option to keep him with the same teachers next year in their older two's class and I think that's what we are going to do. Again why mess with a good thing :)
* We start swim lesson on the 21st..wish us luck!
* D is starting to pretend play and it is soooo cute!! I just love it
* he is very verbal these days and while a lot of it is still broken English its becoming more and more easier to understand him. He is into telling us what we are doing or what the dogs are up to and etc.
* he can hit the ball across the yard off of his baseball tee. Left handed to boot! when he tries to hit on the right he doesn't do so well but he is right handed for most everything else. It will be interested to see if we have a right handed pitcher that bats left :)
*He recently went through a faze of hating the bath. Like kicking screaming kind of hate. I would literally peel him off of me, throw him in the tub and bath him while he screamed. So strange. Thank goodness I think we are past that now.
* he loves the pool, still swimming with the puddle jumper and probably will for this summer. He has no fear of anything and I just don't want to risk it.
*We are getting so excited about summer, we have some fun trips planned to the beach and then in July we are flying to Tennessee.
and whats a post with out some pictures of the boy :)
|being silly at the pool|
|Chillin' on Dog Island..about two minutes after this he fell asleep sitting in his chair. He looks so big to me in this pic!|
|School day :) the look on his face cracks me up|