Friday, November 26, 2010

Thankful Heart

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday. I could not have asked for better food and better company. Davis was in the best mood, played and laughed with everyone at lunch (26 to be exact). From lunch we went to my Aunts house for our second meal of the day, I was so full! Davis ate at both places, trying everything from turkey to corn souffle and he loved every bite. Although I will have to say that the sweet potato casserole was probably his all time favorite, it was so fun to watch his expressions as we gave him taste of all kinds of new food!

As I looked around the rooms yesterday I was reminded of all I have to be thankful for. Wonderful family and friends who love our sweet boy so much. I'm so thankful that he will grow up around such solid people, people who know God and are kind and loving. We have our crazy moments just like any other family but in the end we love each other more than the world. There is so much bad in the world, I'm just glad he will always have a safe haven around the people that love him the most.

I wanted to share a story that our minister of music shared with us a while back at church. I think every mama in the sanctuary had tears streaming down their face...

There was a little boy who's mommy and daddy were bringing home his new baby sister, he was so excited for his little sister to be home. He kept telling his parents how much he loved her and how he was going to take care of her and be the best big brother. He asked his parents if he could be alone with her, they just kept telling him no but maybe soon when she got a little older. The mother and father wondered why he wanted to be alone with her and why he was so persistent about it. they just chaulked it up to being a new big brother and wanting to take care of her by himself. Well he kept on asking till one night the mother and father gave in and told him he could go into her room where she was sleeping and sit with her as long as he was very quiet. He was so excited and assured his parents that he wouldn't wake her up. The parents let him go in and as he crept in the room the parents watched from the cracked door. He stood at his sisters crib staring at her sleeping, just as the parents started to walk away they heard their little boy begin to talk to his baby sister.... as they listened they heard him say "Tell me what Jesus is like, I'm beginning to forget"

Such innocence in children, I believe they are all sent directly from him. Perfect and pure. Its our jobs as parents to never let them forget what he is like and maybe we can learn from their sweet hearts.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, I hope it was a wonderful day for you and your family.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet story! :) I always LOVED the name Davis for a boy until I got married and my new last name was Davis. That probably wouldn't go good together. :) I love it though!

    ReplyDelete