Saturday, January 23, 2010


Well we are in the hospital again and it looks like we are staying here until I have him! We went in Thursday to see Dr. Willis(high risk dr.) and have another scan done to see what the cord looked liked. Well it didn't look so great.... it is around his neck three times and is very tight. when we were in the hospital last week it had loosened up a little, now its back to being very tight. It had what they call "notching" which basically means that there was some decreased blood flow in one of the loops. The blood flow would return to normal once it passed the part where it was the tightest but it was still cause for concern. They decided that it was best to admit me and monitor his heart rate. He has dips in his heart rate but recovers from them quickly, as long as he bounces back they aren't ready to just pull him out. They did an amniocentesis yesterday to see if his lungs were mature enough to go ahead and get the process of delivery going now but the numbers came back that his lungs are just not there yet. We were really hoping that it was going to come back that his lungs looked good and he was ready but that just isnt the case. They sent the amniotic fluid off for a more extensive test to see exactly where his lungs are. Sometimes the preliminary test results can give a false negative, meaning it can say the lungs are not ready when they actually are. So this is why they have sent the fluid off to be tested further. So now its a wait and see, we will know a lot more Monday! Thank you all for your continued prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment