Thursday, April 28, 2011

Savannah part two.. Easter

Saturday afternoon Gary drove up to finally be with us. We were so happy to see him. He got there while Davis and I were taking a nap. I heard him come in so i went down and gave him a big old hug and smooch. I was like a school girl I was so excited to see him :) Absence does make the heart grow stronger ha ha! Gary went up when it was time for him to wake up and got him. The look on Davis' face when he sleepily looked at him was priceless. He was sooooo happy! He threw himself around the bed laughing and looking at him for a good 5 minutes. Sweet boy loves him some Daddy.

Earlier in the day we went to the clubs Easter party. Complete with a petting zoo, Easter egg hunt and the Easter bunny. Davis wasn't really sure what was going on, there were TONS of kids everywhere. I think he was a little overwhelmed. But we got some classic pics and a few Easter eggs so mission accomplished!

Egg Hunt time! sooo many kids! Davis got one egg before he got knocked out of the way by a little girl. It was like a plague of locust.
The Boy did look precious in his seersucker outfit{BB outlet, see previous post ;)}

I'm gonna go off on a little tangent real quick...I know all children are a little greedy and get a little carried away but I believe it is the responsibility of the parents to take a little more hands on approach to these kind of situations and make their children share a little. Its our responsibility as parents to step in and say OK, you may get x amount of eggs and then you need to leave some for others. Poor D didn't stand a chance. He was going to pick up his second egg and this little girl who had about 25 eggs already knocked him over and grabbed it. I about died and had to bite my tongue. I scooped him up right then and said OK we are done. Mommy needed to remove herself before I started giving dirty looks. ha ha

Saying hi to the Easter bunny


Getting ready for the hunt


Sweet friends :)


All the eggs.. the 4 and under area


We had a great time at the Easter Party and got a really cute picture of D with the easter bunny that i'm waiting to get from Shutterfly :)

Now onto the Easter Sunday pictures...

Our Sweet boy Easter Morning at Church


Whats This??


Checking out the egg



love the face


A nice man helping Didi and Davis put flowers on the cross


Oh I love him to pieces


worst picture ever but the only one i have of the three of us so it will have to do.
I believe I was in the middle of saying something and Davis was clearly done with pictures


Got one!


On Daddys shoulders after brunch at the club


We had a perfect Easter Sunday! We all just love Savannah and are thinking of making it a tradition to go each year fro Easter. Such wonderful memories

No comments:

Post a Comment