Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Robberies, formula, and bacteria......huh?

Well that title definitely needs some explaining! We will proceed ahead in that order, here goes!


Well as you all know monday was my first day back at work. I was having a rough day but was trying to make the best of it. I called my MIL at 11:10 and told her to go ahead and give him a bottle that I wouldn't be home to feed him for his 11:30 feeding. I then went to the back pumped and then went back to my desk behind the teller line and began to count down my drawer(count your money and make sure that you are in balance) well at about 11:50 i looked up to see a man with a black mask on and a gun coming straight for me.....yes you read that right. He came straight to me pointed the gun at my head and told me to put the money in the bag. He kept the gun on me while I filled his bag. Thankfully the other teller had hit the panic button so I did not have to try and do this while this thug had a gun pointed at me and risk him knowing what I was doing and shoot me. I put every last dollar I had in his plastic bag and he was gone as quickly as he had come. I collapsed when he walked out the door into a puddle of shaking and tears. Im pretty sure I kept saying over and over again "I cant do this, I have a baby at home"
I was pretty shaken up by the whole situation. My dad who works for the sheriffs department came as soon as I called and Gary pulled in right when he was. It was nice to have people there that I knew. Not just only my dad and Gary but all of the Sheriffs deputy's that showed up. They all came up and hugged me and made sure I was ok. Such nice people. They are unsure if they will ever catch this man. He was covered from head to toe and had gloves on. No way to identify him, so that really sucks, but he will get what is coming to him. My work gave me off tues and wed and want me to take off the rest of the week but I'm going to try and go back tomorrow. We'll see how it goes. I'm currently looking for another job, I dont ever want to be staring down the barrel of a gun again. Great first day back at work huh?

on to the next subject....Davis got his first soy formula bottle. I am not giving up breast feeding by any means, this is just to give me a break every once in awhile( i currently do not have a lot of milk in the freezer, need to work on that) He liked it ok and seemed to handle it just fine. We wont be doing this a lot but its nice to know we have it and can use it if we need it :)


and for the last topic.... Bacteria. Remember when I said that we were having some issues with Davis having blood in his stool? well what we thought was a milk allergy we found out today is actually a bacteria infection called c.difficile. which means it can be treated by a strong dose of antibiotics. this bacteria can be very serious in children older than two and can cause them to be very sick and can even be fatal, but in infants it does not present itself in that way so thats wonderful news. While it scares me that he has a bacteria infection it also makes me happy that it is not a milk allergy. So we dont have to worry about dairy products with him and even better... MAMA CAN HAVE DAIRY AGAIN! YAY!!! poor thing though you know it has to hurt if blood is in his stool :(
Hopefully we will get this cleared up quickly and get our sweet boy feeling a little better. we are still going to go to Shands on Monday just to make sure we are on the right path.
Now for some pictures from the last few days :)

Sweet boy sleeping on his swing


giving me the stare down


loving his bath time


Napping on the couch


Sweet Bella :)


Crazy Hankinson


Mama and me photo shoot.... he loves his mama!


This picture cracks me up! Look at his face, too funny!

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry about your first day back to work and so happy you are OK.
    Your Davis is just adorable. But still hard to believe that you are old enough to be a mother.
    Hugs to you both, Boo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im so sorry about your horrible first day back, but glad you are ok! I'm sure Craig was thrilled about the incident. I hope everything goes well at Shands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had tears in my eyes reading your scary story! I can't even imagine. I'm glad you were able to take a few days off!!

    ReplyDelete