Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tummy Time

sigh..... ladies and gentleman we have figured out the sleeping issue, drum roll please....... Davis is a tummy sleeper. insert frustration here. As most of you with children hopefully know babies can't sleep on there stomach's until they have head control, which at 5 weeks Davis does not. He took an hour nap earlier on his stomach(under my watchful eye) and as I type he is asleep tummy down next to me on the couch. Last night while I cooked AND ate dinner he slept in his moses basket, so very very nice. Unfortunately he can only take naps like this where I can check on him, so until he gets good head control, 3 to 4 months, we will keep trying things at night but I have to say I have a feeling that he will be with me until I can put him on his tummy. I'm hoping that taking naps during the day not on me will help with him getting used to his bassinet. Wish us luck!

1 comment:

  1. Both of my children were tummy sleepers from the time that I brought them home from the hospital. There was never an issue because even though they can not hold their heads up, they can still turn their heads. I just made sure that no blankets were near their faces.

    ReplyDelete